Created to Worship
Intro: The Bible makes it abundantly clear that God created man and that He created him for His glory (Isaiah 43:7). 7everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."
- Therefore, the ultimate purpose of man, according to the Bible, is simply to glorify God.
A harder question to answer, perhaps, is what does it look like to glorify God? In Psalm 100:2–3, we're told to worship God with gladness and 'know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.' Part of what it looks like to glorify God is to acknowledge who God is (our Creator, for starters) and to praise and worship Him as such.
Interestingly, we are able to glorify God because He gave us glory first. David writes in Psalm 8:4–6, 'What is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet.'
- The more we get to know our Creator and the more we love Him (Matthew 22:37–38),
The better we understand who we are and what our purpose is. We were created to bring Him glory. God has unique plans and purposes for each person (Psalm 139:13–16), but we can know that, whatever those plans look like, they will ultimately result in His glory (Proverbs 3:6; 1 Corinthians 10:31).
The Will of God: The will of God is amazing thing because it has to do with the 'intent' (intent in law is the planning and desire to perform an act,) of God for our lives, so when you pray Matt. 6:10 'Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done…' you have now activated the 'intent of God in your life.
The Bible makes it abundantly clear that God created man and that He created him for His glory (Isaiah 43:7). Therefore, the ultimate purpose of man, according to the Bible, is simply to glorify God. 'Everyone who is called by My name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him.'
A harder question to answer, perhaps, is what does it look like to glorify God? In Psalm 100:2–3, we're told to worship God with gladness and 'know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.'
- Part of what it looks like to glorify God is to acknowledge who God is (our Creator) and to praise and worship Him as such.
Acts 15;18 'Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world'.
Note: In other words before the world was created he set His Word in motion from the beginning to the end, 'he has already finished our destiny we need to just walk it out! So when you pray 'thy will be done' now you begin to touch God's original intent for your life; That immediately begins to work a 'change' of 'atmosphere'
A change = is a response to a spiritual atmosphere, it is a response to a spiritual influence.
Example = what is happening right in the midst of this type of worship is the result of a spiritual influence in heaven.
SOVEREIGN KINGDOM – There are 7 dimension or realms of God's Kingdom.
1. THE REALM OF GOD'S WILL – This is the place of power, strength, courage, protection and faith. Jer. 29;11 For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Success is predicated on our obedience to God. 2 Chron. 20;20 '….Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
- You have to pray 'thy Kingdom come thy will be done on earth (this flesh) as it is in heaven'.
YOU HAVE ACCESS THIS DIMENSION OF GOD'S WILL
Praying 'God's will' can be a precarious because you might find yourself in a lion's den, a fire furnace, or in a pit like Joseph.
2. THE REALM OF GODS WISDOM: This is where you find revelation, understanding and illumination. In the realm of God's wisdom, you have to ask God for understanding 'In all getting get understanding'.
3. THE REALM OF GOD'S LOVE: This is the second level of revelation knowledge 'to be like Him'.
- Love causes things to grow in your life, God is Spirit and God is love, Love people, Love yourself, Love your family, Love His church.
4 THE DIMENSION OF GOD'S HOLINESS: This is the place of righteousness, perfection and holiness, the holiness of God places a demand on God's Omnipotence of God (all powerful) Gen. 1:1-2 The earth was void and darkness (wickedness) and disorder, then God spoke and God's power created order upon the earth.
Note: God's Holiness brings us to a place of integrity, perfection, righteousness the place of excellence. 'be ye holy for I am Holy'. This speaks of doing everything with the spirit of excellence.
- Life style, modesty living, productivity.
- God's creative power in heaven and on earth will never compromise the integrity of God's Holiness, 'oh Lord how excellent is thy name in heaven and in earth'
5 THE DIMENSION OF God's Word (light): This is the realm of truth.
Jesus is the Truth (John 14:6). Knowing the Truth will set one at liberty—free from sin, free from condemnation, and free from death (Romans 6:22; 8:1–2). Jesus came to proclaim liberty to the captives (Luke 4:18). 'Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God' (1 Peter 2:16, ESV).
6. THE DIMENSION OF GODS' PEACE: The place of harmony and devotion
The initial peace that comes from having our consciences wiped clean grows as we get to know God better (Hebrews 10:22). Second Peter 1:2 says, 'May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord' (NLT).
- When we grow in understanding of the depths and riches of God's love toward us (Ephesians 3:18–19; 18may have power, together with all the LORD's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
- Our minds and spirits begin to rest in His power and wisdom. Romans 8:38–39), '38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our LORD.
We begin to understand that He really will make all things work together for our good (Romans 8:28). We learn that His purposes will be accomplished (Psalm 33:11; Proverbs 19:21; Isaiah 45:9; 46:9–11)
7. THE DIMENSION OF LIBERTY: This is the place of transformation, mercy and forgiveness. Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
REVELATION KNOWLEDGE: 'Unveiling'
Eden; Is a distinct place where Adam could discern the day (revelational knowledge) and give account to God in the 'cool of the day' a place of order where God speaks.
Responding to Spiritual Influence; You will create an atmosphere in your life, which means your posture begins to change.
Touching the Laws of Eternity: When you learn to maintain a spiritual atmosphere you will change the climate that is prevalent in your life.
Sustained Spiritual Climate; when you sustain a spiritual level then you create's a 'stronghold' a strong hold is a mindset that people live in.
The stronghold of the mind must change because it will hinder our progress.
What is a stronghold in the mind? A stronghold in the mind is a spiritual fortress made of wrong thoughts, a fortified dwelling place where demonic forces can hide and operate in power against us. The ideas and thoughts that make up the stronghold are based on lies that challenge the truth of what God has revealed about Himself.
A Spirit influence: looks for a medium in which it can manifest itself in a physical way; 1Cor.14;10 'There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.
To Be successful: the heavens must be revealed on earth. Your success cannot be released until you give it a body. ' Faith without works is dead'.