GOD'S DRESS REHEARSAL
The word imminent means 'likely to happen at any moment; impending.' When we speak of the imminence of Christ's return, we mean that He could come back at any moment.
1. Jesus spoke of His return repeatedly during His ministry, which naturally prompted questions from His disciples. (Rom. 8:19-25) (I Cor. 1:7) (Phil.4:5) (Jude 21). (James 5:8). (Rev.1:3, 22:10)
2. Jesus taught His disciples to watch for His return. (Phil. 3:20) (Tit. 2:13) (I Thess. 5:6).
3. At this point, it is good to distinguish between the second coming of Christ, proper, and the rapture of the church. (Matt. 24:15-30 ) (Rev. 6–18) (I Thess. 4:13-18; I Cor. 15:50-54)
4. Our salvation is 'ready to be revealed in the last time' (I Pet. 1:5) (Rev. 6-18) (Matt. 25:1-13) (Matt. 25:13).
5. Jesus Himself said that He is coming soon: (Rev. 22:20) (Rev. 2:16; 3:11)
6. God's timing is perfect: (II Pet. 3:9) (Rom. 8:29; Eph. 1:5)
7. The Bible teaches that Jesus' return for His church is imminent, which means the rapture could happen at any moment. (I Pet. 1:20) (I Cor.10:11) (Heb. 1:2)
8. It appears that Jesus also intended for us to believe in His imminent return, because He often urged His followers to 'be ready' (Luke 12:40, 21:34–36) (Mark 13:33) (Matt. 24:36)
9. That seems to be Jesus' point in not being more specific. (Luke 12:38)