Living Faith Series
Summary: While many of us have a level of faith, we may have not learned to truly trust God completely. Faith and trust are different in themselves.
We succeed when we place our complete trust in God and when we learn to truly rely on Him and lean on Him and have complete faith and confidence and trust Him then that is what releases the blessings!
Jer. 17:7 'Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
What is the Blessing?
- It's to have success in your body, soul and spirit.
'Seek ye first the Kingdom of God first and all of His righteousness and everything will be added unto you..'
- Jesus is saying will you trust the Lord?
Psalms 34;8 'O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
The Scripture Teaches us How to Live in Victory:
- Put the Kingdom first.
- Trust Him, rely on him
James 1;6 '6] But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Trust Releases the Blessing:
Jer. 17:5 'Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
- The opposite of being blessed is to be cursed.
- To be cursed is to be empowered by failure
- Who you trust in and rely on determines your victory or failure.
Prov. 3:5-6 'Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Our human understanding is to rely on human frailty.
2Cor.2;14] Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
- God will cause me to triumph, he is always in the mix!
The Distinction between Faith & Trusting in God:
Heb. 11;1 'Faith is the substance (confidence, assurance) of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen'.
Trust is About commitment:
- Faith and love go together because you have great confidence in God.
- We are to keep the Word before our eyes., and faith grows within us.
Question: What are the things in life that can cause me to cast away my confidence/ assurance?
- When we have high expectation in something that we are believing in and it does not happen the way we expected it, then disappointment happens and doubt and fear creep in which causes us to lose confidence in our faith in God.
Job.13;15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
Two Level of Life:
- The life of having faith.
- The level of trust that we maintain in our God who does provide.
Luke 22;31-32 ' And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:  But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
Jesus is saying, 'I am praying that you do not lose your level of confidence and trust in Me'.
Heb. 10;35 'Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
Faith & Trust Takes you to a Higher level:
Pss.125;1 'They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.
- Faith says, I know God can do it'
- Trust say, even if God does delay or does not do it 'Yet I will trust the Lord'
- Faith and trust are like 'Mount Zion which cannot be moved'
Paul Said it like this when he spoke of his trust in the Lord Rom. 8;35-39 'Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- This text is about Commitment (Trust)
- Micah said it like this, 'When I fall I shall rise'.
When Your faith in God and your trust become like a Mount Zion:
- You will have Unmoveable, unshakeable, steadfast faith and longsuffering faith.
The test of Commitment is Longsuffering:
'Cast not away your confidence', why? Because in it there is where your reward is at.
- That where the blessing start
- Faith and trust brings as one with the Lord.
If God is your source then what you have will never become your god.