THE RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH
THE LETTERS TO THE THESSALONIANS - Scripture Portions: (I Cor. 15:51-54) (I Thess. 4:13-18)
In both the Thessalonian Letters the principal theme is the rapture of the saints. The word 'rapture' means 'to be caught up' or 'snatched away', and that is precisely what will happen to all believers as soon as the Church is complete. - (Zech. 14:4), as Son of Man (Matt. 24:27 and 30), for Israel's deliverance (Zech. 14:3), publicly (Rev. 1:7), and to take vengeance on His enemies (2 Thess. 1:7-8)
Before He comes like this, He will come into the air and gather to Himself all His saints. - (John 14:3).
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 gives us all the teaching about the rapture of the Church. Notice seven truths contained in verses 16 and 17.
1. The Lord's Coming will be PERSONAL - (Acts 1:11) (Heb. 13:8)
2. The Coming of the Lord will be SUDDEN and DRAMATIC – (Luke 24:51)
3. When He comes - (Rev. 20:4-5) (I Cor. 15:51) (I Thess. 4:13-15) (II Cor. 5:8) (Eph. 3:15) (Phil. 1:23) (I Cor. 15:52).
4. Every living Christian will be CHANGED and CAUGHT UP (I Cor. 15:51) (I Cor. 52-53). (Heb. 11:5) (II Kings 2:11) (Acts 1:9) II Tim. 3:5) (John 9:4)
5. Then will follow a time of glorious REUNION for the Saints.
6. Above all, we shall meet with the LORD HIMSELF.
7. Then we shall be 'WITH THE LORD FOR EVER': – (Psalm 23:6) (Psalm 16:11) (John 17:24) (Titus 2:13) (Luke 1:32-33)